Volunteers are the backbone of our organization, and we are enormously grateful for their passion and commitment. The work of more than 40 Boulder City and Henderson residents who currently serve as volunteers is an essential component of the success of Lend A Hand, but more are needed to meet the increasing needs of our aging and disabled population.
If you like to drive, visit with people, do household tasks, or provide respite for existing caregivers consider volunteering with Lend A Hand – our hours and duties are flexible. Volunteers meet new people, learn about history, see various parts of the greater Las Vegas area and benefit by knowing they are making a positive difference in someone else’s life.
There are several ways to help – below are examples of existing departments and the services provided through them. Even one day a week can make a big difference in someone’s life. Please consider how your volunteer contribution could benefit both the organization and the entire community!
- Medical appointments in Boulder City, Henderson, & Las Vegas
- Local errands in Boulder City
- Pick-up/Drop-off of mail from Post Office
- Grocery shopping
- Weekly Trash/Recycle bin help (put out/pick up)
- Light Housekeeping, linen changes, bed making, laundry, etc.…
- Respite for caregivers
- Reassurance calls/Appointment setting
- Light meal preparation
- Minor home repair – changing light bulbs/air filters
- Conversation and visitation either inside or outside
- Walking or exercising
- Pet walking
- Reading or watching television
Our clients are comfortable with our volunteers who are caring neighbors and community members, and all of our volunteers receive both background screening and training prior to volunteering.
If you’d like to volunteer with Lend A Hand of Boulder City please call the office at (702) 294-2363, or fill out the contact form below.